Seriøse dating sider Hillerød
The town is surrounded by the former royal forests of Gribskov to the north and Store Dyrehave to the south.
Hillerød was from 1772 until 1908 named Frederiksborg after its castle.
Its first town council was established in 1778 and its town shield, which features a flowering elder tree, is from 1787.
The ruins of Æbelholt Abbey (Æbelholt Klosterruin) are the remains of the largest Augustinian monastery in the northern countries.
The site also contains a museum showing its history.
The best known monument is Frederiksborg Castle, which was long a seat of Danish kings.