Date börse Osnabrück
Between 1643-1648 negotiations in Münster and Osnabrück led to the Peace of Westphalia.
In 889 the town was given merchant, customs, and coinage privileges by King Arnulf of Carinthia.
It is first mentioned as a "city" in records in 1147.
After the Napoleonic Wars, it became part of the Kingdom of Hanover in 1815.
The town's first railroad was built in 1855, connecting it with Löhne.
Some time before 803, the city became seat of the Prince-Bishopric of Osnabrück.